Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

12 October, 2016

Five Minute Pumpkin Spice Goats Milk Soap

Yes...it's that time of year! Time for pumpkin spice everything! :-) So I decided that I would get in the spirit and create something I have been thinking about for about a year...pumpkin spice soap! I love that wonderful smell that fills my favorite season and soap is the perfect way to enjoy it! And best of all...it only took five minutes! No kidding!



 Here’s what you will need:
  • Goats milk glycerin soap (Mine came from Michaels. I used 1/2 of a 2 pound block.)
  • Pumpkin spice soap scent (Mine came from Michaels. Note that this is NOT essential oil.)
  • Pumpkin pie spice (Yep…the kind used in baking!)
  • Coloring for the soap if you wish ( I added  a few drops of orange.)
  • Heavy glass bowl for melting the soap
  • Molds (I used clear plastic rectangular ones from Hobby Lobby.)
  • Non-stick spray such as Pam
And here’s what you will do:
  1. Slice off as much soap as you plan to use. (I used one pound which made 4 rectangular bars.)
  2. Follow the directions on the soap to melt it in the microwave. Be sure not to overheat it!
  3. When it is completely melted, stir in 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and gradually add soap scent to your liking. As noted, this is NOT essential oil, so you may need to add more. I used about 1/2 of the package (or 1/4 ounce) for one pound of soap.
  4. Spray the molds with non-stick spray, pour in the soap and let it cool and harden.
  5. Once they have hardened, simply pull the molds back around the edges to release the soap. It may take several tries, but it will work! 
And here it is! I love the way I get a little bit of that fall feeling every time I use it! Ahhh! And it would make a perfect hostess gift this Thanksgiving, too!

And here's another great homemade soap for fall...my FIVE MINUTE SPICED APPLE GOATS MILK SOAP! It is perfect for those apple lovers in your life and is equally easy and fun to make!

And here's another...my EASY LAVENDER GOATS MILK SOAP! This one is a special favorite of mine because the lavender reminds me of the time that I spent in Provence!

And one more (Can you tell I love making soap?)...my LEMON VERBENA GOATS MILK SOAP! It has a wonderfully fresh scent that is great all year 'round!

It took me a while to work up the courage to try soap making, but the melt and pour soaps that are available now make it so easy and so much fun! I hope you'll try it and then let me know what you think!

Remember to pin it!


Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants. 
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home on Thursdays,   French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!

Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to make soap. I bet it smells delightful.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie